Dome9 Security, a cloud infrastructure security and compliance vendor, announced today that it is offering native support for the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
This is interesting because until now, Dome9 had strongly pushed an Amazon Web Services (AWS) story. The reasons for that are clear: AWS is the 1,000-pound elephant when it comes to cloud infrastructure, greatly eclipsing all other vendors in terms of market share. But reliance on a single vendor is risky, and the number of third-party vendors at AWS’ recent re:Invent conference that looked uncomfortable at AWS announcements shows the folly of being completely tied to one platform.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here
- IDG Contributor Network: Mirantis to offer commercial support for OpenContrail SDN platform
- Microsoft adds Kubernetes support to Azure Container Service
- IDG Contributor Network: Kubernetes becomes more scalable, gets support for hybrid clouds
- IDG Contributor Network: Why Microsoft Azure is king of the hill
- IDG Contributor Network: Microsoft releases Azure Stack because . . . consistency